Monday, November 7, 2011

Realization After the Annual School Field Trip

I really don't know why, but I'm the kind of person who at times gets really sentimental, and once again, I was hit with this "sickness" - one that has no cure - of mine after the field trip.

*note: I added funny, yet sentimental comic strips or cartoons I found on the net. :)



A few of us still got a chance to hang out a little bit after we got back to school (via the same bus) to maybe use the restroom, make small talk or jusat catch our breath from such a tiring day. The stairs near the restroom provided free seating so I sat down next to a few of my gal pals. I was greeted and my presence was acknowlegded. They were all still talking about the rides at Enchanted Kingdom, especially the extreme ones. I couldn't help but join in because I was on all of those extremes and I couldn't wait to share and compare our individual experiences. Our small talk soon turned into a heated conversation full of laughter and big gestures and I could say that we were probably getting loud as well.


After we got all our extra excitement out, we settled back down and got hushed again. I really didn't want to go yet because the field trip day was the last day before our "mid-year assessment" (that's what the school wants to call it) or better known to be called as the sembreak. I would most likely not see any of them for around 12 days in total. My fetcher was already waiting outside, but I'll admit that I was stalling. I stood up, sat down, then stood up again. I had this one classmate who had the zipper to his bag a little open. I know a handful of my classmates who have this habit and it kind of drives me crazy. Maybe it's a pet peeve of mine to see a partially opened bag (*OC alert, haha). So I closed it. I was thanked and then brought in to the boys' conversation and I discussed most of what I'd discussed with the girls, with maybe just a few differences because we were mostly together at EK.

I couldn't stop the feeling of exhaustion and decided that it was time to say goodbye. The goodbye part was longer thatn necessary ;) I probably said goodbye, take care and stuff like that around 30 times to maybe 13 different people. Yeah, it was repetitive, alright.

 

Upon getting home, I was struck with the realization of how, in a few short months, we'd be graduating: moving on to the next chapter of our lives, closing one door and opening the one ahead of us that leads to an infinite number of different possibilities. This feeling was intensified when a classpamate of mine, Paolo, and I texted each other and he told me he thought the same. I was hit straight in the gut of how I'd miss so many things like being in one classroom, getting excited about a new seating arrangement or having a small group of teachers for the whole year that you couldn't help but get close to. I realized how I'd probably miss the small things the most: getting to share a joke with friends, getting thanks for a small favor, or getting to talk about the field trip right after having it. Most of all, I realized how quickly time can fly, not only when you're having fun, but when you're with the people you're used to... the people you could say you're soooo used to, but deep inside I'd bet you love them anyway. I know my class and my batch don't always get along, but all of us are and will always be part of SENIORS: Batch 2011-2012. Now, isn't that something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment