Saturday, June 4, 2011

First Love (Crazy Little Thing Callled Love)

First Love a.k.a. Crazy Little Thing Called Love or A Little Thing Called Love is actually what inspired me and my co-blogger (we share this blog) to create our own blog. We realized that since the experiences in the movie were so true to life and have happened to almost everyone - including us - that maybe the things we experience and learn could hopefully interest others as well.

This Thai romantic comedy was directed by Putthiphong Promsakha na Sakon Nakhon and Wasin Pokpong and stars mainly Mario Maurer and Fern Pimchanok Leuwisedpaiboon. Some supporting characters include Acharanat Ariyaritwikol as P'Top, Sudarat Budtporm as Teacher Inn, and Khachamach Promsaka Na Skolnakorn as P'Pin. It is the best and most accurate movie (so far at least) that I have watched regarding first love. The love that stays with you forever even though you don't end up with that person. You remember the feelings and all the crazy things you did. It gives you perspective on how innocent and pure love can be; how it can be used to push you, and push you until you become a better person.
 
I first heard about this movie from a new friend. I had met him during a concert here in the Philippines and after, we decided to grab a bite - along with the two other people we had met - before saying our goodbyes. While waiting for the food to arrive, he grabbed his phone and slid his finger across the screen several times looking for something. He then announced that he wanted to show the rest of us something. When he faced the phone towards me, a picture of Mario Maurer was on view. He asked if any of us knew him. All of us shook our heads. He asked if we knew the movie. We shook our heads. He jokingly asked where have we been hiding all our lives and told us in a playful but adamant way to look it up because it was good. He simply recommended it and here I am now, a few days after watching the film on DVD, inspired to write a blog, along with a friend of mine of course.

As a conclusion, not only I, but we would highly suggest this movie to whoever may be reading this blog and to whoever this blog may reach. I know that you may have second thoughts about seeing it because you have to read subtitles throughout the movie, and you doubt everything will be translated correctly. Trust me. I felt the same way. Now that I have watched it though, I am so glad that I did. I saw how almost all people feel the same way and act the same way; how friends are there for you now matter what and through thick and thin. I saw that I wasn't the only one out there who vied for someone's attention and admired someone who - in society's generic perspective - is way out of my league. And most of all, I saw how true love conquered everything, even time. It may fool you at first that you won't like the ending, but it truly is a feel good movie. It refreshes one's emotions with it's simple comedy and it's effortless honesty. I hope that it touches your heart as much as it has touched ours.

Cast:

Fern Pimchanok Leuwisedpaiboon as Nam.

Mario Maurer as P'Shone.

Acharanat Ariyaritwikol as P'Top.

Khachamach Promsaka Na Skolnakorn as P'Pin.
Sudarat Budtporm as Teacher Inn.



No comments:

Post a Comment